Friday, May 22, 2009

"Kanzaar Basti" in Rajasthan

I have some experience to share with you Guys....This experience I got when I went home on February 2009.

After staying few days at home I planned to visit one Hanuman temple near to my village....

But I was thinking how to visit this place because in some places like that transportation is not so easy….. ..especially in Rajasthan there are hundreds of villages where No Road, No electricity and No Buses.... People travel by there 11 no. vehicles for around 3 to 6 kms and then they get some buses to travel....

But when I talked to my father about going there then I came to know that his friend is serving there as Medical officer and I can go with him...
I was happy that this became so easy for me to visit this place and I did not need to walk 6 km to visit that place....

So I met to doctor Uncle...A medical officer in that area..and went to Balaji temple with him...
He went to his office and told me to meet him there....

I visited Hanumanji temple and came back to his office in 30 mins....It was around 12:30 PM and Uncle told me that we will be going home around 2:00 PM...

So I was sitting there on a chair...which was basically for patients but nobody was coming to hospital so I was able to use it....after around 15 mins 2 ladies came to that place and started talking with Doctor....were telling that PF + has spread in “Kanzzar Basti” a lot (PF + is one level higher then malaria)....those ladies were medical nurses who generally visits those Basti's at least once in a month


Let me tell you something about "Kanzzar Basti"...U might not have heard about this term before...Let me introduce you about this...
Kanzzar is one community in Rajasthan also called "kaalbeliyaa" or "sapera"...Earlier they used to do "Gaana Baazana" for kings and earning money with this work...slowly slowly things started changing and India got Independence...
All Kingdoms got over and there was no ruling of Kings…..slowly Raajputaana families stopped calling Kanzzars for "Gaana Baazana"...and It impacted a lot to Kanzaars....

Also Kanzaars are treated as lower cast or "achoots" so nobody touches them and nobody gives them any Job....
No one calls them in society meeting....Also Kanzaars are not having any farmlands so that they can have dependency on agriculture....

And you know that It is really tough to live if you don’t have any job….if you don’t have any earning resources....

So they started living in isolated places ...far away from repudiated societies....and now they are struggling a lot to live a good and healthy life...

So come back to Doctor Sahib and two young nurses....they were discussing what to do...Doctor sahib told that he has already raised his concern to main office and doctor's team will be visiting soon to that place....But I requested to doctor sahib to visit that place today itself as we came to know that already two young people died due to PF+....

So we went to Kanzar basti...I was shocked and horrified to see them and their living standards...they were living like "AADIWAASI PEOPLE"......their homes were completely surrounded by trees and the environment was completely different .....

There were lots of mosquitoes around and they were not looking good at all....I interacted with them and came to know lot more....

One Old man was sitting there...I greeted him with Rajasthani way with saying RAAM RAAM...and he nodded back by RAAM RAAM and started saying that sahib we do not have daily food to eat...our life is completely based on bagging and it is very difficult lo live life with depending on others....
Our two children were died and we do not have money to go in hospitals for better treatment...

As we know that "ROTI KAPDA AND MAKAN" are most necessary and very basic things to live and they were struggling for these basic things only...forget about education and other facilities....
Looked like they were living in completely isolated world where nobody was there to interact with them....nobody was there to listen to them....

Also It was so sad to hear that Government sanctioned 1 lakh to each family for new houses, now its more then 5 years and they are yet to receive that money....I don’t think that they will get this money in near future...may be already in papers it might have given to them....

Doctor uncle gave them some pills and suggested them the ways to avoid PF+....
But I was so sad to see them living in such life....

Now guys please tell me that who is responsible for this....After so many years of independence there are so many people still living life like this....
Will this kind of problems be solved in near future....will the Government come forward to help them out.....It is still a big question...

But whoever read this ....please think about them...and if you find such communities who are struggling then please try to provide as much help as you can.....

Thanks

No comments: